This Privacy Statement describes how One Horizon Africa collects, uses and safeguards personal information that you may provide to us. When we refer to personal information we mean information or an opinion about you, from which your identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained.
- We will only collect personal information where you have consented to the collection.
Use and disclosure
- We may at times require you to provide certain personal information about yourself particularly in relation to identifying an address for correspondence. We will not rent, sell or exchange information about you to third parties without your consent except where you would reasonably expect the information to be disclosed such as organising transfers or where we are legally required to disclosed such information.
- We will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information we have about you is accurate, completed and up to date when we use it. Generally, we rely on you to assist us in keeping your personal information accurate and up to date.
Data security and encryption
- We have taken reasonable steps to keep your personal information secure at all times. For example, access is limited to authorised personnel and paper based information is stored under electronic encrypted and monitored security.
- We also take steps to reasonably protect your personal information from misuse and loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and maintained in an accurate, complete and up to data manner.
Dialogue and purpose
- We will inform you about the type of personal information that we collect about you and the actual use of any such information.
- If you require any details of the personal information held by us about you, then please feel free to contact us directly.
Access and correction
- If at any time you wish to change personal information that is incorrect or wish to have your personal information deleted, please contact us.
Transfer of data
- We do not believe in intrusive collection of your personal details and will not collect information that is considered personal or highly sensitive about you without your prior consent.
- If at any time you wish to lodge a complaint in respect of the handling, use or disclosure of your personal information by us, you may do so by contacting us directly. We aim to investigate and advise you of the outcome of the complaint promptly.